Working with dupioni is a dream. (Thinking about it, ANY fabric would be a dream after the ANTI-Fabric.) I've been constructing the bodice, which has side bust darts and vertical darts in the front and back. Before sewing the darts, I fused the interfacing strip along the top front for the decorative stitching. I'm very pleased with the results. It's kind of a shame that most of this will be covered by the overbodice. I suppose, though, when it's said and done and just peeking out from under the overbodice, it will look right.
The bodice has a top hem instead of a facing. I pressed the hem over prior to making the side (right) seam, which I figured would be easier to do at this stage. Dupioni presses and holds the crease well. After the side was seamed, the bottom hem is stitched under. At this point, the instructions call for the hem to be hand stitched all the way around the inside. I didn't want to to that and decided to edge stitch at the top instead.
The edgestitching came out well. Dupioni is perfect for this with a nice, straight, pressed edged. There is no curling or slipping so the stitches came out even and straight.
The next step will be constructing the straps. After that, I'll make the lining for the overbodice. THEN, the overbodice can be attached to the dupioni bodice which then can be attached to the skirt... (the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone; the thigh bone's connected to the knee bone...)
I'm not sure how much more I'll get done today. I'm getting a wee bit better at knowing when to call it day before disaster strikes!