I got the zipper in. Funny how it went in perfectly the second time around! I also brought the side skirt seams in by 1/4", the part that I actually added when I cut the pieces. Finally, the bands on the dress were taken in by 1/2". I had to open up the side seam to do that...
That leaves the hem and the hook/eye then the dress will be finished. I have the jacket pieces cut, so when the dress is finished, I'll start on that.
I'm pretty pleased so far, despite all of the fiddling early on with the bands.
Inside sleeve. Catching stitching hem.
Inside skirt, front pleats. If you look closely, you can see the stitching lines.
Hanging for a day or so before hemming. Doris is happy to wear the dress until then!