I finished the jacket!
I'm sorry that I've not blogged as I've gone along. I managed to catch a bug (I think a mild case of flu) while on the cruise and was under the weather for three weeks, and subsequently run down going into Christmas.
Nevertheless, I've thrown myself into sewing. Overall, I'm very pleased with the jacket. I love the wool, from Emma One Stock and the construction was pretty straightforward.
There are a couple of things worth mentioning about the pattern. First, the collar/shoulder sections match really well. Just be sure to take your time cutting and marking accurately and you WILL be rewarded. Do NOT mistake the front facing "stitch-and-slash" for a dart!!! Ask me how I know that you should NOT make this error... I spent over an hour scratching my head wondering why the collar facing didn't match up to the facing.
Also, the lining is short and the top of the jacket hem shows. This irks me because I was very careful cutting. My advice is to cut the lining longer; you can always trim excess rather than being left short.
I love everything else about this jacket. It's not hard-core winter wear but perfect for autumn, mild winter and early spring days!