Thursday, December 9, 2010

3 Christmas Gifts, 2 Wool Coats and iPhone in a Pear Tree

Thanks so much for the responses on "which project next" dilemma...
...I've decided that I will make the coat. I brought the wool in for dry cleaning and picked it up yesterday. It also has me thinking of another wool coat dress combo I'd like to make for a Vogue Paris Original pattern. But the current coat is now ready to start cutting.

In the meantime, I used the waiting time (while wool was at the cleaners) and started work on a few hand-sewn Christmas gifts... aprons! As a result of my sewing kick in September and October, several of the ladies in my life made comments about them so I thought an apron would make a good gift.

The other thing that has had me slightly preoccupied is that I got a new iphone4!!! I've officially moved into the 21st century and boy is it a lot of fun! Just a while ago, I installed the "Fabric Stash" app for tracking and planning all of your stash, fabric and supplies alike. Has anybody used this? If so, I'd love to hear your review!!

Stay tuned for progress on the coat!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Oh! that Vogue pattern is DIVINE! I am so excited you are doing the coat next--that will be great!

Wow, I can't believe the iphone has a fabric stash app. I don't even own a cell phone but if I did, it would definitely be an iphone :-)