Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Top!

I realized that I need more of a variety of tops. I seem to have blouses for the fall/winter and then little camisole tops for very casual summer wear... and not much in between.

So last week I started work on a new top from Simplicity 2005. It's from Margie's pattern stash, the lady from the May 2 auction haul.

It's a lovely, classic style with the tucks. I'm using a vintage fabric from Louise's stash, the pattern and fabric haul from the May 23 auction haul. The fabric is a lightweight, mint green fabric. It's light and crisp with a small, 1 cm loose square basketweave every couple of cm's. (I took pictures, but my laptop has issues and I can't download pics on this computer. Stay tuned for fabric and WIP pictures.) I was delighted with how well it washed and ironed!

This fabric needed a pretty pattern. A basic shirt with collar didn't look right. Plus, I had a limited amount of it - 1 1/2 yards and it's 35" wide. I'm making View 2, with the tab.

Yesterday, I finished sewing the tuck and hope to get the darts done today.

I'll post more pictures soon!

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Love all the tucks. It will make a lovely blouse.

Come see what's new at my blog.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Trudy said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Hope you come back again soon.

Regards,

Trudy

pam said...

I really like the version in yellow with the boatneck.